On Thursday, June 26, 2014 the Bridgewater Community Lions Club will be hosting a “Bridgewater Community Appreciation Night” recognition event at the Cole Yeaton Senior Center on Wally Krueger Way in Bridgewater at 7 PM. This is intended to be the inaugural occurrence of an annual event hosted in May or June of each year.
This year we have selected 7 individuals to be honored for their contributions to our town. The intention is to mold this event in future years into one which solicits yearly nominations for honorees from the town’s people and organizations.
The event is meant to recognize community mindedness and excellence in community members and business owners. It is our fervent hope that this event will fuel further community involvement in young and old alike. The Appreciation Night is open to the public.
We hope that you will be able to attend and support the recognition of this year’s seven honorees.
The 2013-2014 honorees are:
- Mr. Keith Buohl (Bridgewater Residents Facebook Page Creator & Moderator)
- Ms. Lisa Buzzell-Curley (Angels in America & 4th of July Committee)
- Mr. Tom Farrell (Bridgewater manager, Roche Bros.)
- Ms. Ellyn Gaspardi (Williams Intermediate School Art Teacher — Peace Poster advocate)
- Mr. Bryan McSheffrey (posthumous) (Co-founder, Bridgewater 02324 Facebook Page co-creator/moderator)
- Ms. Mary O’Connell (Bridgewater Public Library Reference Librarian — Peace Poster advocate)
- Mr. Frank Sullivan (Co-founder, Bridgewater 02324 Facebook Page co-creator/moderator)
Light refreshments will be served — cakes/pastries/fruit/coffee/punch/tea/water.